August heat is here ~ Have you made plans for your summer getaway yet? Don’t miss your chance to chill out in New Hampshire’s White Mountains.
Here are 7 cool ways to spend your days in August!
- Lounge by the heated pool at the Inn at Ellis River, jump in when ready. Snack on refreshing Citrus Mint Iced Tea and White Chocolate Coconut Mojito Cookies. We have your pool towels and chaise waiting!
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll or trail run with meadow, mountain and forest views at Great Glen Trails (ask an Innkeeper for the complimentary pass we offer for the trails). If you prefer, rent bikes and explore Great Glen’s carriage roads.
- Take the Cog Railroad or the Mt. Washington Auto Road (or hike!) to the summit of the highest peak in the Northeast. Don’t forget to take a jacket!
- Picnic by Jackson Falls, and make a splash if you wish in this White Mountain stream.
- Enjoy cool evening breezes at an outdoor concert in North Conway.
- Explore the North Country’s Androscoggin River in a kayak or canoe ~ take your choice of whitewater or flatwater guided trips by Great Glen Trails.
- Listen to the river’s song while you relax with a cool drink in Adirondack chairs on the lawn or in the Inn’s gazebo. Book a room with a balcony and let the river lull you asleep each evening.