We’re celebrating the return of the 24th Annual Bach Festival after Hurricane Irene interfered with the 2011 Festival and many guests’ plans for late August visits to the White Mountains.
So we’re making a special offer ~ book a two night stay in a fireplace room or jacuzzi room Aug. 24-27, and we’ll treat you to two tickets to either the Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon Festival performance at the Fryeburg Academy in nearby Fryeburg, Maine. Come hear the Festival Orchestra and Chorus perform works of Baroque Masters! Please request your performance choice when making your reservation for this package.
Saturday’s program at 7:30 pm includes;
- Corelli ~ Concerto Grosso in C minor, Op. 6, No. 3
- Vivaldi ~ Concerto for two violins in a minor Op. 3, No. 8, RV 522
- J. S. Bach ~Cantata No. 51 “Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen”
- J. S. Bach ~ Orchestral Suite No. 3 BWV 1068, D Major
- J. S. Bach ~ Cantata No. 4, “Christ lag in Todesbanden”
Sunday’s program at 4 pm is G .F. Handel’s Messiah.