The Inn is an Environmental Partner in the New Hampshire Sustainable Lodging and Restaurant Program which requires participation in the focus areas of energy efficiency, water conservation, waste and hazardous waste reduction, and education. Over the past several years we have implemented many environmentally-sensitive initiatives.
The Inn also partners with Clean The World, an organization that safely recycles soaps and shampoo left behind in hotels and inns for use in impoverished areas worldwide and homeless shelters in the US.
Energy is conserved through:
- The installation of energy efficient lighting in many areas.
- Most of the inn’s televisions, air conditioners and appliances are Energy-Star rated.
- Outdoor solar lighting has been added along a walkway.
Water conservation is achieved through:
- A towel and linen reuse program.
- Extensive use of perennial plants and a drip water irrigation system for landscaping.
- The installation of low-flow water devices as rooms are updated.
The inn reduces their waste by:
- Recyclingsoaps and shampoos through Clean the World
- Donating or repurposing used furnishings when rooms are updated.
- Using cloth napkins and reusable dinnerware with meals and reusable glasses in guest rooms.
Hazardous waste is being reduced with:
- The use of safer cleaning products.
- Reduced use of chlorine.