Savor the glories of spring in the White Mountains when you visit 10 premier inns in the White Mountains and learn all about fresh herbs– their uses, history, and versatility. The 2014 Tour included cooking demonstrations, visits to two microbreweries, a chocolate house, two family farms, and a health food store.
Each inn chooses one herb and offers delicious samples of a special recipe using the herb from their own kitchen garden. It might be a taste of tomato basil soup, carrot-chervil dip, sage biscuits, tarragon egg salad, or rosemary chocolate cookies. This year the Inn at Ellis River featured Onion Chives.
You’ll follow a route through the Mt. Washington Valley, sampling herb-inspired recipes both sweet and savory, learning from chefs at cooking demonstrations, touring breweries, and go home with a notebook of new recipes, interesting herbal lore, new ways to use herbs, and a memento of the tour.
For even more herbal delights, plan to dine on a Plant-to-Plate menu at one of four inns on the tour. Visit our specials section for all the details about the Inn’s lodging packages offered for this Tour.
Plan to attend the 2015 TourMay 30-31, 2015. In the meantime, get inspired by recipes from past tours when we featured basil, dill, oregano, sage, mint, and chives:
- Dilly Corn Cheddar Muffins and Dill Lentil Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- Baked Eggs with Oregano and Ionian Bruschetta with Oregano
- Sage-Turkey Breakfast Sausage and Sage Pignoli Shortbread
- Lemon Basil Coffee Cake
- Savory Crepes Caprese and Basil Pignoli Bites
- White Chocolate Coconut Mojito Cookies and Minted Green Pea Soup
- Frosty Virgin Marys, Sun-Dried Tomato Chive Pesto, Italian Cheese and Chive Biscuits, Chive and Cheddar Strata, and Parmesan Chive Roasted Potatoes
The Inn to Inn Herb Tour is a fabulous reason to take a getaway to Mount Washington Valley…in June. - NH ToDo Magazine, June 2010