The hills will be alive with the sound of music this summer in the White Mountains, so plan to include enjoy an outdoor concert and picnic as part of your New Hampshire summer vacation or weekend getaway. The 32nd Arts Jubilee Annual Summer Concert Series begins Thursday evening, July 17, 2014 at the base of the North Slope at Cranmore Mountain. Each of these concerts includes an early concert at 6:00 pm featuring local musicians as well as the main event, so plan to have the Inn at Ellis River pack you a gourmet picnic, spread a blanket on the lawn, and enjoy the music! Admission is $10 for adults. For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . The Thursday evening performances include:
- July 17 Beatlemania with Bob Halligan, Jr as Paul McCartney. Early concert by the Mount Washington Valley Band beginning at 6 pm
- July 24 Don Campbell & Band Celebrating the Music of Dan Fogelberg. Early concert by Chasing Asia.
- July 31 Jonathan Edwards Trio. Early concert by Junco.
- August 7 A Salute to Hollywood & the Movies with the New England Society Orchestra, Clayton J. Poole, Music Director, plus
- FIREWORKS FINALE! Early concert by Dennis & Davey.
- August 14 Roomful of Blues, an eight-piece band led by guitarist Chris Vachon. Early concert by the Mo’ Blues Band.
If your stay at the Inn includes a Tuesday evening, you can catch the Mount Washington Vally Band in the Gazebo next to the Community Center in North Conway, beginning at 6:30 pm. Programs feature familiar classical pieces, marches, popular songs, and show tunes. Themes for the 2014 summer season are shown below:
- July 8 Swing Band Countdown
- July 15 Broadway Goes to the Movies
- July 22 Symphony Hall
- July 29 Teddy Bear Picnic
- August 5 Vocalist Invitational
- August 12 Beatles 1964
- August 19 Band Members Choice
At Attitash, the Attitash Mountainside Music Series offers live music on Saturdays from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. during July and August. You ‘ll hear:
- July 5 Chasing Asia
- July 12 Played Out
- July 19 Ross Livermore Band
- July 26 Full Circle
- August 2 Dean Machine
- August 9 Pat Foley Band
- August 16 Blue James Band
- August 23 The Gravel Project
- August 30 The Jonathen Sarty Band
- August 31 Livin’ the Dream
Finally, White Mountain Musical Arts will present the 2014 Bach and Friends Festival on Saturday August 24, and Sunday August 25, 2014 with the Bach Festival Chorus.